- A Dawn of Dragonfire (Dragonlore Book 1).
- Similar Books.
- See a Problem?.
- Joseph II. and his court : an historical novel;
Please choose whether or not you want other users to be able to see on your profile that this library is a favorite of yours. Finding libraries that hold this item You may have already requested this item.
Joseph II. and His Court by Luise Mühlbach on Apple Books
Please select Ok if you would like to proceed with this request anyway. WorldCat is the world's largest library catalog, helping you find library materials online.
Find a copy in the library
Create lists, bibliographies and reviews: Search WorldCat Find items in libraries near you. Advanced Search Find a Library.
Your list has reached the maximum number of items. Please create a new list with a new name; move some items to a new or existing list; or delete some items.
- Catalog Record: Joseph II. and his court : an historical novel | Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- Explosion and Blast-Related Injuries: Effects of Explosion and Blast from Military Operations and Acts of Terrorism;
- Main Content?
- Joseph II and His Court: A Historical Novel by Luise Mühlbach!
- Catalog Record: Joseph II and his court : an historical novel | Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- Navigation menu!
- Violin Sonata No. 5 - Violin.
- Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor;
- Multi-Channel-Vertrieb: Chancen und Risiken des Vertriebs über das Internet (German Edition).
- The useful emperor: Joseph II!
- Jack Slater, Monster Investigator;
Your request to send this item has been completed. Citations are based on reference standards.
Joseph II. and His Court
However, formatting rules can vary widely between applications and fields of interest or study. The specific requirements or preferences of your reviewing publisher, classroom teacher, institution or organization should be applied. The E-mail Address es field is required. Please enter recipient e-mail address es. The E-mail Address es you entered is are not in a valid format.
Please re-enter recipient e-mail address es. You may send this item to up to five recipients.
Download This eBook
The name field is required. Please enter your name. His reforms focused on the administration, centralization, and bureaucratization of the territory under his rule, with the ulterior motive of bringing his lands and their population under state control and monitoring them through police surveillance. All this was implemented for economic reasons: Josephism is above all associated with his ecclesiastical reforms, which in Catholic circles have earned him the reputation of having been an enemy of the Church.
Joseph II. and His Court: An Historical Novel by L. Mühlbach
Although Joseph was deeply concerned about the deeply rooted irrationality of his people, he found that centuries of piety, veneration of relics, ritual and superstition could only be overcome with great difficulty. Joseph closed down monasteries and convents, founded a unified system of seminars for the training of priests and decreased the high number of religious holidays. His reforms in the fields of social welfare, justice and bureaucracy were oriented towards the same goal. No longer were his subjects to be kept hard at work through threats and the use of force, but all areas of life were to be regulated for the common good.
Empress and mother of her peoples.