It is an important and moving book for all who work with, study, have responsibillity for, or simply care about, children. Children Who Live with Courage and Dignity. Quick Overview Shattered Lives bears witness to the lives of children who have experienced abuse and neglect, and highlights the effects of early traumatic episodes.
- Ich lenke, also bin ich: Bekenntnisse eines überzeugten Radfahrers (German Edition).
- Die Jugendgerichtshilfe § 38 JGG (German Edition)!
- The Quest for Global Dominance: Transforming Global Presence into Global Competitive Advantage;
- Myra, Beyond Saddleworth;
- Shattered Lives?
- Be Positive! Think Positive! Feel Positive! Surviving Primary School: (Childrens books ages 9-13).
- 2016 Event Dates.
Chapters take the form of letters to a child capturing their life experiences, hugely impacted by sexual abuse, parental substance misuse and loss, leading to feelings of shame, and worthlessness. Add to Wishlist Add to Compare.
Shattered Lives 2010
Be the first to review this product Email to a Friend. Reviews 'The book is highly accessible as it has been written for the general reader, however, it is also thought-provoking for educational psychologists I would recommend this book particularly for those working with highly vulnerable children. The book is a powerful and emotional testament that should be read by every person working with young people, and every parent. Whatever you feel when reading this book, I guarantee you won't feel neutral.
It's straight talking with the fighting gloves off!
Podcast - Shattered Lives
This book is written because of fundamental flaws in our society: It points its finger directly at each and every one of us, as parents, as workers, as society as a whole and it demands that things should change. Without a doubt, Camilla Batmanghelidjh founder of the Place to Be and Kids Company is a passionate and inspiring woman who has dedicated her life to working with vulnerable and emotionally damaged young people. Using her experience and psychotherapy training she provides the reader with an introduction to therapeutic thinking, written in a way which is easy to read and digest.
She explores the impact of shattered lives and provides insight into the consequences of such, explaining how working with such despair may impact on workers and their subsequent relationship with the young person.
Social work, social care, health and criminal justice. You have no items in your shopping cart. A - switch to normal size A - switch to large size A - switch to larger size. Shattered Lives February In this episode: HSE Infoline tell us how much office space we're entitled to whilst at work.
- Wenn es plötzlich Liebe ist (BACCARA 1605) (German Edition).
- Der Liebeswunsch: Roman (German Edition)!
- There was an error trying to load your rating for this title.?
- Success For Teens Book 4 (Secrets of Success For Teens Book 1 to Book 4)?
- Dead Beat (PI Kate Brannigan, Book 1).
Get the HSE podcast Download right click and select 'save target as Alternatively use the download link above. Links in this episode: