Historic Sturgeon Bay Bell Rings Again
Last year, the church members had a muted Christmas celebration in the wake of more than 90 civilian deaths in protests across the Valley. Printable version Dec 19, 6: News States Other States.
Peerzada Ashiq Srinagar, October 29, October 29, The Parish priest Father Roy Matthews officiated. Arab-Israeli war The arson of was triggered by the Arab-Israeli war, and the church was rebuilt a few years later. Related Topics Other States.
Srinagar church bell rings again after 50 years - The Hindu
This article is closed for comments. Please Email the Editor.
- The 42nd Generation.
- Like a House on Fire.
- #2 The Not-So-Perfect Planet (Way-Too-Real Aliens);
- The Three Little Pigs!
A tiny golden bell preserved in a Roman-era sewer underneath Jerusalem's Old City has been recovered by Israeli archaeologists. The tiny orb, just one centimeter in diameter, was likely an ornament on the clothes of a wealthy resident.
- In Jerusalem, a 2,000-year-old bell rings again.
- My Idols - Journey of a Cricket Crazy.
- Esprit de Corpse (The Reluctant Reaper Series);
- Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs join ceremony to replace the original, lost to arson in 1967.
- CRITICAL CHOICES THAT CHANGE LIVES.
- Topsfield historic bell may ring again from Proctor School - News - North of Boston - Danvers, MA.
The Book of Exodus mentions tiny golden bells sewn onto the hem of the robes of Temple priests, though it was not known if this bell was one of those. Archaeologist Eli Shukron of the Israel Antiquities Authority says the bell likely fell off and rolled into the sewer as its owner walked by.
Copyright The Associated Press. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. For the latest from the frontiers of science, check http: