Soap On A Rope
This expression, alluding to a boxer forced back to the ropes of the ring and leaning against them for support, has been used figuratively since the mids. With the government on the ropes, the opposition should be miles ahead. Far fewer tourists are coming to this country and as a consequence, our hotel industry is on the ropes. The image here is of a boxer who has been pushed back against the ropes around the edge of the ring.
- on the ropes.
- The Treasure of Morro Bay: Book One—Two Hearts?
- Navigation menu.
- 100 Things Phillies Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die (100 Things...Fans Should Know);
- On a Rope - Wikipedia.
- Покупки по категориям.
This is an idiom from boxing, alluding to the situation of a losing boxer who is forced back by his opponent against the ropes that mark the sides of the boxing ring. First recorded, in its literal sense, in the early 19th century, the phrase has been in figurative use since at least the s.
- Soap on a Rope - Classic Scent.
- Essentials of Food Science (Food Science Text Series).
- on the ropes!
- Hi! We're Glossier..
- Mans Days are as Grass.
- Soap on a Rope.
- On A Rope Lyrics.
- Vegetarian Cooking: Chinese Mustard Root, Radish and Brittlegills Soup (Vegetarian Cooking - Soups Book 49)?
- The Polity of Beasts;
- Beating the Boomer Bust.
- Paradoxes in Geology.
I confirm that I have read and accept the information presented. Soap on a Rope - Classic Scent.